Essential Oil Free, Fragrance Free, and More | Ingredients you won't find in Rain Organica's products
Let's be real. The ingredients you want to avoid in your skincare are at least as important as the ingredients you want in your skincare.
Because what you put on your skin often gets soaked up by your skin, our mission at Rain Organica is to make sure the ingredients going into each product are safe for you regardless of whether you have any ingredient sensitivities.
What you won't find at Rain Organica:
- Phthalates: rest assured knowing these endocrine disruptors aren't in your skincare
- PEGs: PEGs (a category of emulsifiers and emollients) are made using the process of ethoxylation, which makes it possible for them to carry the not so nice contaminant, ethylene oxide
- synthetic fragrances, colorants, and flavors: you won't find these here :)
- essential oils (fragrance free facial care): our entire facial line is essential oil free and you'll find an essential oil free option in all of the body care products as well
- gluten: as a gluten sensitive individual, even the bath soaks avoid oats to help ensure you aren't exposed to gluten
- coconut oil and almond oil: in case you're allergic to one of these tree nuts, we avoid both coconut oil and almond oil.
any ingredient banned by the EU: find a full list of ingredients banned by the EU in the list of substances prohibited in cosmetic products (Annex 2)
Because we only use expeller pressed oils (a solvent free way of harvesting botanical oils), it's possible for the allergen responsible for coconut and almond allergies to make their way into the oils.
Disclaimer: We aren't yet manufacturing in a coconut free or nut free facility, however, we are using dedicated equipment that doesn't contact nuts.
If you're allergic to coconut or almond (or other tree nuts), stay tuned for an episode covering ingredients derived from these sources on the podcast.
Rain Organica also complies with the European Union's limits on skincare ingredients (& yes, this is a different list than those banned ingredients above).
You'll find more about Rain Organica's compliance with EU regulations in these articles: